The “Masahiko Aoki Award for Economics Paper” is established in honor of Prof. Masahiko Aoki, co-founder of Center for Industrial Development and Environmental Governance (CIDEG), Tsinghua University and former joint chairperson of the Academic Committee, with a view to excavate and encourage Chinese young scholars to conduct academic research concerning public policy and institutional construction, and promote academic research and concrete progress in China’s public governance area. The award is in the name of Prof. Masahiko Aoki to honor his hopes.
The focus is on economics areas concerning China’s reform and development, and excellent research papers making academic contribution to comparative institutional analysis are especially desired.
Young scholars from home and abroad who are under the age of 35 (include 35), including research fellow, doctoral candidate, post-doctoral fellows, etc. at universities or research institutes.
REQUIREMENTS OF PAPERS:
1. The focus is on economics areas concerning China’s reform and development, especially the excellent research papers making academic contribution to comparative institutional analysis
2. Doctoral thesis or journal article published in recent two years (From January 1, 2015 to now)
3. Both Chinese and English papers are welcome. The Chinese version shall have a detailed English abstract in it (1000 words, including background, research question, methodology, empirical results and contributions).
1. Submission deadline: contributors shall submit papers in full before October 1, 2017.
2. First review: competition committee will organize experts to conduct a preliminary selection, release the result and grant the award nomination before October 31, 2017.
3. Final review: review committee will assess and select the shortlisted papers for 1 or 2 winning papers and release the list before November 30, 2017.
Please submit the application form, abstract and full paper to the official email: email@example.com before October 1, 2017.
*Application without charge
1. The quality of the research, logicality of the paper structure and the coherence of the argument;
2. Application of the International advanced theories and methodologies;
3. The originality or practical significance of the findings;
4. Encouragement of the empirical study on China’s reality.
First author (or corresponding author) of 1-2 best paper selected from the “Award Nomination” paper by review committee will be granted “Masahiko Aoki Award for Economics Paper”. The award winner will:
1. Obtain the invitation to attend the CIDEG annual meeting, present your own papers and have face-to-face communication with world-leading economists.
2. Obtain a reward of RMB 10,000 and have an opportunity to be invited to visit Japan.
Senior Researcher of Development Research Center of the State Council,
Joint chairperson of CIDEG Academic Committee
Dean, School of Business and Economics, Hongkong University; Former Dean, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
Professor, School of Economics, Fudan University
Professor, School of Business, Stanford University; member of CIDEG Academic Committee
Director, Asia Growth Institute; Former Dean, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies; member of CIDEG Academic Committee
Professor, Graduate School of International Relations & Pacific Studies, University of California, San Diego; member of CIDEG Academic Committee
Professor, Department of Economics, University of Tokyo, Japan
Dean, Professor, School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University; CIDEG board member
Dean, Professor, School of Public Policy and Management, Tsinghua University; Director of CIDEG
Academic committeeman, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, member of CIDEG Academic Committee
Professor, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
Center for Industrial Development and Environmental Governance (CIDEG), Tsinghua University, and Journal of Comparative Studies
Tel.: +86 10 62772497 62772593
Fax: +86 10 62772497